Firstly, my name is Alana, well that’s the name I was born to. However, Poe is my spirit and is my preferred name. I’m going to get through the boring stuff about me (not really) with these bullet points below:
- Graduated with a BA in English Literature and Sociology with a Concentration in Social Deviance
- Chi Alpha Epsilon and Sigma Alpha Pi member
- Graduated Top of my High School (Top 10) and Middle School (Valedictorian) Classes
- Dance Instructor for 4 years and counting.
- Waitress at Applebee’s (ew) for 1 year.
- Associate/DJ at a Skating Rink for 3 years.
Here’s some cool stuff:
- Auditioned for ABDC
- Performed at The Apollo
- Background Danced for Local Artists
- Featured on Byrdie Beauty, Billboard, Essence, Shea Moisture, to name a few.
Tip of the Iceberg, lol.
I say all this to say that no matter your background you can do anything. This is something that I’m still learning. I could go into my struggles, my pains, my heartaches as a child, as a teen, as a first generation graduate, and a product of my trauma…but I won’t…because it will just drown out my successes.
I said this blog was for you but it’s for me as well (of course). Expressing myself is my coping mechanism for everything in my heart and in my mind. Writing became a passion that I never knew I had but now I can combine the things that I love most: art, writing and helping others.
Thank you for joining me on my journey!
Welcome to my Blog!